CHSC is a statewide program to help schools and communities be healthier.
We work together with communities and their schools.
This convenience store in East Oakland, CA sells fresh, local produce!
Streets that are "complete" are safe and easy for everyone to use.
Creating Healthy Schools and Communities
Schools and Communities is a five-year project to increase access to healthy,
affordable food and opportunities for daily physical activity.
CCE Wayne County, CCE
Seneca County, and the Genesee Valley Educational Partnership are working
together in schools and communities in the following areas:
- Complete Streets Planning –
We aim to help communities develop policies and support projects that
make all forms of transportation easy and safe. Learn more about Complete
Streets by clicking here.
- Healthy Food Retail –
Getting healthy food can be hard sometimes. We want to increase access
to healthy foods by working with food retailers to increase healthy options and
make those options more accessible to consumers. Click here to provide us with input on food retail in your area.
- Healthy Food Guidelines – CCE works with local workplaces, hospitals, and community organizations to develop guidelines and strategies for buying and serving healthier foods.
- Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act – this federal regulation guides schools about what foods served at schools, including in vending, a la carte, school stores and other foods sold outside meals.
- Physical Activity – Our school coordinators work with school districts to create and implement comprehensive School Physical Activity Plans.
- School Wellness Policies – Schools can make sure they are providing healthy options to their students by writing policies and implementing them.
Last updated June 16, 2016