Up to date Resources for Support related to COVID-19 for Farm, Home and Businesses
Updated May 28, 2020: All new postings are at the bottom of this page. Please check back often. This virus is fast moving, and the best way to stay abreast of events and be
aware of new resources is to follow @CCE_Disaster on Twitter. Retweeting is
highly encouraged. The New York State Office of Emergency Management Emergency Operations
Center is activated. Using DART and ICS, we continue to work with our
Federal and State Agency partners to provide scientific, evidence-based
resources. Below are resources for family, businesses, and farms.
Listed below are the links and urls for more resources on the COVID-19 Corona Virus, including recordings of recent agriculture related webinars related to COVID. You can find other ag recordings on production practices, etc on the Ag Specialist Teams website.
- The Cornell Website with Current Info from Many Different Sources
Local Information for Wayne County
- Direct Link to the Wayne County Public Health website
Novel Coronavirus Prevention and Control for Farms
- Link to the Ag Workforce Website with information for Farms and Labor recommendations. It is titled "Dairy" but it does have good information for all farms.
Link to NYS Press Releases and Executive Orders
- Link to the Governors COVID website and press releases, etc
Essential Animal Care Guidance
- This is a file on the clarification of
essential services in animal agriculture, including pet care. if you
click on this link you should be able to open in an "email" format -
the file is saved in UNICODE. Please let me know if you have any
Food Safety Institute
- Information from the Cornell Food/Manufacturing, including zoom information for daily office hours.
Cornell Small Farms Resiliency Resources
- Resources on farm business resiliency and resources for business management and marketing.
Consumer Financial Information
- Information on credit, debt collection and financial caregiving - with more resources to be posted.
Financial and Mental Health Resources for Farmers
- Information on farm and personal well being, including business management for farm businesses and farm families.
Farm Resources Guide on COVID-19
- Document from NYS Dept Ag and Markets.
CCE Helps NY Communities get Ready Recover
- A Podcast how CCE can help and resources available during challenging times. Click on the link with the tile of the podcast as above.
Respirator Fit Test and Training Update
- Guidance today and is reported in the link above. If you do need Fit Testing for new employees in Wayne County, please see information relayed in previous emails or newsletters or call Beth at 315-331-8415
- US DOL guidance on Fit Testing, website
Guidance on Operations of Farmers' Markets. May 22, 2020
Spotting Scams and Misinformation
- Website of the Center fo Science for Ag and Food, links to sites that provide information about avoiding scams and what they look/sound like.
COVID -19 and Your Produce Farm - April 3
Guidance for operating a U-Pick Operation (New April 27)
Small Business Development Admin -direct link to disaster/emergency funding, small business, farm, sole proprietor can all apply
- All info on Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and EIDL (Economic Injury Disaster Loan) As of April 16, the funds for this current program have run out, but please still talk with your lenders and get in line for the next funding availability. Single owner businesses can apply, even if you don't have payroll, and can use Schedule C for self-employed. Related fact sheet dated April 17.
- EIDL money was used up as of April 28, and new guidance for this next round of PPP is included here (dated April 27).
- New and added info from May 11 is here. And fact sheet
Dairy Industry Streaming Series by Hoard's Dairyman - focusing on dairy economics, marketing and hauling (This link will bring you to an saved email, which you should be able to open in your normal email.)
COVID Resources for Financial Wellness- listing of federal, state and local resources
Pesticide Applicator Re-Certification on Pause - Please see the DEC site for updated information whose certification lapsed on or after November 1, 2019, to continue to operate until 60 days after the expiration of Executive Order 202 (set to expire on Sept. 7)
- Reliable Resources for Spanish and English Speaking Farmworkers about COVID19
Guidance for Proper Use of Disinfectants for the Home, Farm, Business - document written in response to increased medical emergencies due to improper use of cleaning materials.
Guidance for Community Gardens during COVID (posted May 1)
- CDC fact sheet on proper use of Face Masks
- Dispelling Consumer Myths - a pdf of a presentation by the Cornell Food Industry experts and a link to a youtube recording. (posted May 27)
Coronavirus Food Assistance Program - FARMERS, THE USDA will supply direct aid payments, see if you are eligible. There is a webinar 5/27.
- Safety Plans Required for all Businesses - if you need help preparing a plan, please contact Beth at CCE
Details on the requirements, including sample plans for many industries
- Sample plan for farms will be forthcoming, please check back here!
- Three new guidance documents were issued May 27 for farms for COViD:
Last updated May 28, 2020